We are committed to being open and transparent about how we work, our decision-making processes and the services we provide.
In addition to the information we are required to make available under the local government transparency code, we also use feedback and information frequently requested under Freedom of Information to identify datasets for publication.
The data on this page are published under the Open Government Licence and is available for you to re-use as you like, including for commercial and research activities. Where possible we have made data available in both a 'human-readable' format (such as PDF) and an open, 'machine-readable' format that is not dependent on any specific software (such as CSV or XML).
- our constitution is available to view or download
Employee data on 1 April of each year
Details of staff in the top three levels of the organisation.
- Council structure: 1 April 2022 [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Council structure: 1 April 2021 [PDF, 0Kb]
- Council structure: 1 April 2020 [PDF, 0.2MB]
Read how the council works to see our latest structure chart.
Number of employees with a remuneration of at least £50,000.
- Senior salary count: 2022 [PDF, 53Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2021 [PDF, 50Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2020 [PDF, 19Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2019 [PDF, 0Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2018 [XLS, 0Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2017 [PDF, 0Kb]
Senior employee salaries
Details of remuneration for staff earning £50,000 or more.
- Senior employee salaries: 2022 [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Senior employee salaries: 2021 [PDF, 97Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2020 [PDF, 40Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2019 [PDF, 0Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2018 [XLSX, 0Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2017 [PDF, 0Kb]
Ratio of the highest-paid post and the average salary.
Trade union facility time
Trade unions represented in the local authority and staff representatives.
- Public sector trade union facility time data 2021/22 [PDF, 77Kb]
- Public sector trade union facility time data 2020/21 [PDF, 72Kb]
- Public sector trade union facility time data 2019/20 [PDF, 9Kb]
- Public sector trade union facility time data 2018/19 [PDF, 8Kb]
- Public sector trade union facility time data 2017/18 [PDF, 12Kb]
- we employed a total of 850 people on 31 March 2023
- we had 20 people taking apprenticeship programmes as part of our Apprenticeship Scheme – this was 2.35% of our workforce
- 8 people began apprenticeship programmes with us during 2022/23 this was 0.94% of our workforce
- payments over £500 – all invoices paid to our suppliers of £500 or more [PDF and CSV]
- procurement card transactions – transactions made on government procurement cards [PDF and CSV]
Contracts and procurement [CSV, 74Kb]
- Contracts register [CSV, 63Kb]
- Upcoming procurement pipeline [CSV, 10Kb]
- Invitations to tender and contracts – Search the LGSS procurement portal for ‘Cambridgeshire District Councils’
Parking enforcement in council run off-street parking sites is carried out by Cambridgeshire County Council. This dataset provides details of the number of penalty charge notices (PCN) issued in our car parks.
Cambridge City Council does not operate any on-street parking. This dataset provides details of parking spaces operated by Cambridge City Council.
Car park income
The number of tickets issued and ticket income for car parks operated by Cambridge City Council.
Land and building assets
Land and buildings that form part of our fixed assets.
City council assets
See our assets on the My Cambridgeshire portal – select ‘Public sector assets’ then ‘Cambridge City’ to see this data.
Social housing asset value
Value of social housing stock held in our Housing Revenue Account.
- Social housing asset value 2022/23 [PDF, 48Kb]
- Social housing asset value 2021/22 [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Social housing asset value 2020/21 [PDF, 95Kb]
- Social housing asset value 2019/20 [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Social housing asset value 2018/19: available on request
The brownfield land register provides details on sites that the local planning authority considers to be appropriate for future residential development. It allows potential developers to easily identify the land within the city that is readily developable.
Our counter-fraud work.
- Fraud 2021/22 [PDF, 59Kb]
- Fraud 2020/21 [PDF, 59Kb]
- Fraud 2019/20 [PDF, 59Kb]
- Fraud 2018/19 [PDF, 61Kb]
- Fraud 2017/18 [PDF, 61Kb]
- Fraud 2016/17 [PDF, 61Kb]
- Fraud 2015/16 [PDF, 61Kb]
- Fraud 2013/14 [PDF, 0Kb]
Waste and recycling
Waste contracts: We don't have a contract for waste collection.
- Waste recycling and disposal [link to WasteDataFlow] – can be exported as CSV; requires registration
Datasets derived from FOI requests
These datasets are published in response to information frequently requested under the Freedom of Information Act. Datasets are updated on a quarterly basis unless otherwise stated. A schema is published alongside each dataset, this sets out field name and field type for each column of data as well as giving a description of the information it holds.
National assisted funerals
Details of funerals arranged by us following the death of an individual intestate and with no next of kin. We will not disclose address and date of birth details, which we believe are exempt from disclosure. In the cases of a referral of an estate to the Treasury Solicitor's Office, details are available from the unclaimed asset list.
- National assisted funerals [PDF, 84Kb]
- National assisted funerals [CSV, 3Kb]
- National assisted funerals schema [PDF, 68Kb]
Non-domestic rates (business rates)
Historic Non-Domestic Rates credits
- Non-Domestic Rates credit write-offs [CSV, 1Kb]
- Historic Non-Domestic Rates credits schema [XLSX, 0Kb]
Non-Domestic Rates accounts
Details of all accounts liable for non-domestic rates (business rates) including details of exemptions and reliefs.
Transparency – other information
- Committee meetings minutes and agendas
- Council policies, plans and strategies
- Councillors - contact details, allowances and expenses [available as PDF and CSV]
- Election results
- Freedom of information disclosure log of all FOI responses
- Job vacancies
- Performance and spending
- Planning applications