We open our community centres as warm and welcoming spaces every winter.
You can use the centres’ communal spaces to work, enjoy time with friends, or stay warm.
- Akeman Community Centre
- Thursday: 8.45 to 10.45am
- Brown’s Field Community Centre
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 4pm
- Clay Farm Centre
- Monday to Wednesday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Thursday: 9.30am to 7pm
- Friday and Saturday: 9.30am to 1pm
- Meadows Community Centre
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
- Storey’s Field Centre
- Monday to Friday: 3 to 6pm
Free food and drink is available at some of the centres at certain times.
- Akeman Community Centre offers breakfast and a hot drink on Thursday mornings.
- Brown’s Field Community Centre offers free tea and coffee from 9 to 11am on Monday and Wednesday mornings.
Other local warm and welcoming spaces
Local voluntary and community organisations are also offering spaces to gather.
We have listed some below, but it’s not a complete list. The Warm Welcome website has details of more. You can also visit your local community or faith space to find out what they are offering.
Bermuda Community Room on Histon Road offers hot drinks and light snacks from midday to 2pm.
- Wednesday: 11am to 4pm
- Thursday: 11am to 5pm
Cambridge Community Church (C3) offers hot drinks, soup, baguette and a sweet snack.
- Wednesday: 6 to 7.30pm
Cambridge United has a community café and offers a free hot drink, puzzles and jigsaws.
- Wednesday and Thursday: 11am to 2pm
Friends Meeting House on Jesus Lane offers hot drinks, wifi, games and puzzles. They serve homemade soup and bread at 12.30pm.
- Wednesday: 10.30am to 4pm
St Andrew's Street Baptist Church offers hot drinks, wifi and toilets. Surplus food is sometimes available to share.
- Monday to Friday: 10am to 4pm
- Friday: special focus on Ukrainian support from midday to 2pm
St Philip's Church offers hot drinks, chat and a community jigsaw.
- Wednesday and Friday: 10am to midday
Trumpington Meadows Community Hub at the primary school offers hot drinks and crafts. Surplus food is sometimes available to share.
- Friday: 11.45am to 1.45pm