Our Climate Change Strategy shares our vision for Cambridge to be net-zero carbon by 2030.
It includes six key objectives to address the causes and consequences of climate change:
- Reducing carbon emissions from our buildings, land, vehicles and services
- Reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions from homes and buildings
- Reducing carbon emissions from transport
- Reducing consumption of resources, reducing waste, and increasing recycling
- Promoting sustainable food
- Supporting residents, businesses and our services to adapt to the impacts of climate change
Our objectives depend partly on the government, industry and regulators making necessary changes.