We want to provide you with a safe and comfortable home. It’s in both your interest and ours to deal with issues quickly and efficiently.
We will maintain the structure of your home and many of the fixtures and fittings. Some things are your responsibility to fix, though – and we will not repair any alterations or extra items that you or previous tenants have fitted.
The lists below include everything we will repair. Open the list for the room where you have a problem before asking us to repair something – if what you need is not listed, it is your responsibility to fix it. Your tenancy agreement includes more information about your responsibilities.
We class most requests for repair work as either routine, urgent, or emergency. We respond within the following time limits:
- emergency repairs: 24 hours
- urgent repairs: 3 working days
- routine repairs: 20 working days
In some cases, we might only be able to make your home safe at first, with a further visit needed to finish the work. Extra work following a repair visit or inspection can take 8 to 12 weeks if we need to order parts or materials. Contact us if you have waited longer than 12 weeks.
You can request a repair online using our housing portal. In an emergency, we recommend that you phone us instead – you can do this at any time, including overnight and on the weekend.
The heating services and maintenance contractor is now TSG Building Services. Contact TSG on 0800 111 4044.
If your home was built recently and is still within its warranty period, check your property welcome pack for information about how to report a problem or request a repair.
- Watch our short video to learn how to register to use the portal if you do not already have an account.
For routine repairs we will offer you a weekday appointment. It will be either between 8am and midday, or between midday and 4pm. If you tell us your mobile telephone number, we will send you a text reminder on the day before your appointment.
A cold and damp home can impact your health. Find out how to reduce condensation and prevent mould in your home and how to report issues with mould and damp.
We receive a high number of ‘disrepair claim’ lawsuits raised by legal firms on a no win, no fee basis. We encourage you to contact us rather than starting a lawsuit. None of the claims brought against us in the last two years have been successful.
Check these lists to see whether we or another agency can fix your problem. If you do not find something listed, it is your responsibility to fix it yourself.
Contact us about blocked pipes, to help us assess the severity of the problem.
- Burst or leaking pipes to the sink, washing machine or dishwasher
- Hinge Broken
- Unit door broken/missing
- Shelf broken/missing
- Drawer sticking/loose/damaged
- Worktop Loose or damaged
- Loose or damaged plinth
- Damaged or loose kitchen tiles
- Faulty extractor fan
- Damaged or loose floor tiles
- Seal around sink needs renewal
- Sink top or sink damaged
- Banging pipes
Contact us about blocked or leaking pipes, a loose cistern or broken shower tray, to help us assess the severity of the problem.
- No water from shower
- Damaged basin on pedestal
- Damaged basin on brackets
- Only cold water from shower
- Any taps leaking, stiff or loose
- Pop-up plug
- Broken/loose bath panels
- Damaged/Loose bath tiles
- Renew seal around baths/basins/sinks/showers
- WC overflow running
- Loose/Broken cistern handle
- Shower door damaged/loose
- Shower panel damaged/loose
- Shower hose broken
- Shower switch broken
- Banging pipes
Heating and hot water
If your home has gas heating, contact TSG on 0800 111 4044. TSG deal with gas boiler repairs, annual boiler and gas servicing, radiators and room thermostats.
Doors and windows
Contact us about unsafe windows, to help us assess the severity of the problem.
- Front/back Door glass broken
- Board up door
- Board up window
- Front/back Door unsafe
- Front/back Door that cannot be used
- Broken glass on window
- Front/back Door closer broken/damaged
- Draught proofing not working
- No draught proofing
- No weather board/weather board damaged
- Front/back Door frame loose
- Front/back Door frame rotten
- Front/back Door panel rotten
- Front/back Door sticking
- Condensation between double-glazing panes (‘blown windows’)
- Window frame damaged
- Jammed window
External and communal areas
Contact us about any of the following, to help us assess the severity of the problem.
- Broken, loose or jammed garage door
- Roof leak
- Broken or fallen fences
- Blocked drain
- Broken or damaged communal door
- Faulty street light
- Fault with lift
- Faulty communal aerial
- Broken light in a communal area
- Shed door broken
- Front Paving issue
- Broken or loose roof tiles
- Loose or broken gutter
- Gutter overflowing
- Blocked downpipe
- Loose/broken downpipe
- Broken intercom
- Blocked refuse chute
- Missing or broken clothesline in a communal area
- Gate fitting in a communal area
- Broken/jammed gate
Stairs, walls and floors
Contact us about broken or loose handrails, or loose or missing treads, to help us assess the severity of the problem.
- Loose or broken baluster
- Broken or loose post
- Skirting broken/loose
- Structural cracks in wall or ceiling
- Cornice broken
- Loose or broken floorboards
- Mould and damp – read what to do about condensation
Contact us about broken or loose sockets, to help us assess the severity of the problem.
- No power
- Electrical fitting smoking
- Smoke detector faulty
- Socket not working
- Light fittings not working
- Wall switch failure
- Ceiling switch cord broken
- Ceiling switch failure
- Extractor fan faulty