If you are moving into new privately rented accommodation, make sure you register for Council Tax or update your details.
It is very important that you tell us if you are a full-time student and when you move to Cambridge.
- Find out more about Council Tax discounts and exemptions for students, apprentices and trainees
You will need to supply your student number or upload your Council Tax student certificate if you are not at a Cambridge college.
- Find out what your Council Tax pays for.
Bins, recycling and rubbish
Our bins, recycling and rubbish pages include lots of useful information. You can:
- check when your bin will be emptied
- find out what goes in which bin
- find out what you can take to your local recycling point
- arrange a bulky waste collection
Your right to vote
You can register to vote at both your term-time address and your home address, if you wish. You’ll need to make two separate applications.
Make sure that you register at the address at which you physically live in Cambridge, not the correspondence address for your college or hall.
Remember, it’s a criminal offence to vote more than once in the same election. This means that you can vote in local elections from both addresses if they are for different local councils, as they are separate elections. You can only vote from one address for national elections, such as a parliamentary ‘general’ or European election.
We want you to enjoy your time in Cambridge. Here are some things to be aware of: