Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Report suspected food poisoning

If you think you are suffering from food poisoning, contact your doctor as soon as possible. They will provide advice and might arrange some tests.

You should also inform your place of work or school, so you can act in line with their sickness policy.

The only way to find out if you do have food poisoning is by supplying a stool sample to your doctor for analysis.

We might be able to investigate without you providing a stool sample to your doctor, but we cannot do so formally.

If after reading this you want to report suspected food poisoning, you can do so online:

Report suspected food poisoning

For questions about a service we provide, please use our contact us form